Celebrity Leg Insurance
To protect their best assets
Celebrity leg insurance is alive and well
, so how would you like to insure your great legs for a cool million?
It would cost you an arm and a leg, but you can actually do it!
Ok, ok maybe us average people don't have a need for it, but celebrities certainly do insure their body parts for huge amounts. And legs are among the most often insured body parts in the celebrity world.
So how does one go about insuring their legs?
You go to London. Lloyds of London to be exact.
Lloyds of London is the world's biggest insurance market that dates back to 1688. And they insure everything under the sun and the moon. From body parts, singing voices and natural disasters to kidnaping by aliens. (No kidding)
But let's go back to celebrity leg insurance and have a look at which famous celebrities value their gams the most.
Celebrity leg insurance started in 1940 with Betty Grable, a famous actress, singer and dancer, who was the first woman to insure her legs for a million.
The trend caught on and she was followed by many other women celebrities.
Some of them, past and present, are:
- Jamie Lee Curtis, an actress, insured her gams for a million, while doing an ad for stockings
- Angie Dickinson, an actress, for a million
- Mary Hart, a host from Entertainment Tonight, for a million
- Angie Everhart, a model and an actress
- Marlene Dietrich, an actress and singer
- Porshce Lynn, a porn star
- Brooke Shields, an actress
- Tina Turner, a singer
- In the recent past at the Clothes Show Live, the catwalk models refused to wear the trendy six inch heels without insuring their legs for 50,000 pounds
Even the men joined the "insure my precious legs" suit with:
- David Beckham, a famous English soccer player for an astounding $70 million
- Michael Flatley, a step dancer, for $40 million
- Fred Astaire, a dancer, singer and actor, for $75,000 per leg
So as you can see, there is a lot of people out there who think their legs are their biggest asset and they will do anything to protect it.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use our Search feature below!
Don't forget to subscribe to my monthly Great Legs E-zine
to keep you up to date on the World of Great Legs. To thank you for subscribing you will receive 2 valuable e-books absolutely free
Get more details here
or sign up below:
I hope you enjoyed Celebrity Leg Insurance page. Its sole purpose is to brighten up your day and get you away from your own leg issues. If you have any comments or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me.
I am here to help!
Return from Celebrity Leg Insurance back Home