Varicose Vein prevention through lifestyle changes
Here are a few basic tips for varicose vein prevention:
- Exercise. Moving your legs promotes good circulation. You don't have to go to the gym to achieve results. Walking, jogging, biking and swimming are all good forms of exercise.
- Maintain healthy weight. Extra weight puts extra pressure on your legs and veins.
Need help with losing weight? Click here!
- Avoid long periods of standing or sitting. If that's in your job description, then deliberately take short breaks to move around, or at least shift your weight from leg to leg. On your coffee breaks put those legs up, and give them well a deserved rest.
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting. It restricts your blood circulation.
- Wear loose clothing. Tight clothes will restrict your blood flow so try to avoid that. We are of course mostly concerned with clothing around your waist, groins and leg areas.
- Wear supportive, elastic stockings. They help with your circulation and support swollen varicose veins. You can purchase them in health supply stores or online.
- Do not smoke. Apart from other dangers, it is bad for your circulation as it constricts your blood vessels.
Are you a smoker? Would like to quit that nasty habit? If that's the case then you absolutely have to check out my partner site. It is full of resources to help you quit!
Be smoke free. Find out how here
Don't forget to subscribe to my monthly Great Legs E-Zine to keep you up to date on the World of Great Legs. To thank you for subscribing you will receive valuable e-books absolutely free! Get more details here or sign up below:
I hope my Varicose Vein Prevention page was beneficial to you.
If you have any other tips you'd like to share with others I would love to hear from you!
I am here to help!
Return from Varicose Vein Prevention back to Varicose Vein page
Wondering who is behind a website? Read all about me!